Long, long ago, in the varied world of the anime blogosphere, AceRailgun posted a 50 questions thingy on himself onto his humble blog. The whole 50 questions interrogation format later spread like wildfire across the blogging community and still remains a great way to familiarize readers with the viewers. Since my readership has really sparked in the two weeks that this blog started and since I’ve just gotten back from a pretty soothing trip to a lake, I decided I’d undertake the gauntlet. I may be busier than those kids in the Fruit Rollup factory, but hey, why not!
UPDATE: At one point I sort of just started throwing pictures all over the place. Whoops.
Questions about Anime
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
This an extremely tough call between two incredibly generic answers. After all, Lelouch Lamperouge is one of the most insanely fabulous characters to come out in years. However, Baccano’s very own Claire “Vino” Stanfield has to be number one. He’s just way too effortlessly cool.
2. Who is your favorite female character?
Samejima Mamimi of FLCL by far. Not many people know this, but that banner is a picture of her and the cat, Ta-kun.
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
Yoko Kanno’s smooth Cowboy Bebop OST and The Pillow’s work on FLCL tie at a close second (lolgenericanswers), but Honey and Clover’s is absolutely fabulous. It never fails to enhance the mood, ever.
4. What is your favorite anime opening + animation?
It’s a tie… between the two Honey and Clover I OP’s . Yeah. Really. I’m leaning towards the first one though, just because the lobster hand scared the absolute shit out of me the first time I watched it.
5. What is your favorite anime ending song + animation?
Easy. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Christo’s – You Won’t See Me Coming. I mean, holy shit just look at that disco ball.
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
The famously intense typography scene in ef – a tale of memories. Or maybe, just maybe, Ouma Shuu getting his armed chopped off.
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
Morita Shinobu, no question. How could anyone not want to be friends with that guy?
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Hoshii Miki. She’s a completely lazy blob, but when it comes to things she’s passionate about, she’ll get the job done – and well at that.
9. What is your favorite thing about anime?
As juvenile and simplistic as this sounds, I love that it’s unique. Anime is a medium of storytelling that no other can hope to copy. When I see a show like Mawaru Penguindrum or Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, I know for sure that neither books nor Holywood can even hope to capture the essence and magic of anime. Oh, and those perfectly defined anime girls are also pretty good.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
That someone in the industry had the gall to animate Shuffle! twice. Or, the plethora of poorly made harem comedies. Yuck.
11. Who are your favorite anime couple?
Aoba and Kou from Cross Game. The way that their relationship slowly progresses and blooms is absolutely brilliant.
12. Who is your favorite anime animal?
I’ll cheat on this, and say A. Oryzae from Moyashimon. He’s the greatest guide ever animated.
13. What anime would make a good game?
If Omamori Himari was made into an FPS or stealth game where I could shoot and brutally murder all of the amazingly awful characters, I would play it nonstop.
14. What game would make a good anime?
This is pretty embarrassing to admit, but Atelier Totori would be a great game to adapt. Also, Xenoblade Chronicles is essentially the JRPG version of Code Geass in terms of nonsensical plot twists, so I can always get on board with that.
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
FLCL. And for the record, the very first time that I watched it, I said it was lame.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
17. What is your favorite genre of anime?
18. What is your least favorite genre of anime?
Romantic harem comedies.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
While my family is somehow blissfully unaware, a few of my friends know that I watch it. They’re cool with it, but it’s just not their thing.
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
Nope. I’m a devoted penny pincher and my wallet’s always been pretty tight. Maybe in the next five years.
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
Fractale. You mean Yamakan didn’t save anime? No way!
22. What anime was better than expected?
The IDOLM@STER. I loved absolutely every minute of it. Or the infamously terrible Rio: Rainbow Gate. Man, that shit was awesome.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
Haruko’s and Kanti’s fight against The Hand in FLCL. To this day, nothing makes me smile more than that scene; even today I still watch that episode religiously.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
Hoshii Miki. I don’t think many people knew that.
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
Questions about Me
26. Most Embarrassing moment?
Pulled the fire alarm in second grade since I was under the impression that it was impossible. The school was definitely not very happy about that.
27. Can you drive/Do you have a car?
I don’t have a car or a license (I use a bike like a homeless loser), but I know how. I was forced to learn out how to drive when our group’s designated driver was completely down for the count.
28. Are you mature?
Mentally, I’m probably about five years old. I actually watch Adventure Time and Yo Gabba Gabba! (they have a pretty rad band line up).
29. What year were you born?
You’d probably be surprised. And we’re just gonna leave it that.
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
I’m a dog guy, but I actually don’t mind cats. The problem is that they do mind me.
31. Describe yourself physically.
The only words which could describe how unbelievably charming I am would be “not” and “very.” Naaah, I’m alright.
32. What would you name your first child?
If it’s a guy, I’ll go with Finn. If it’s a girl, I’m definitely down with Celeste or Haydée. And yes, I did steal that last one from The Count of Monte Christo.
33. What is the worst injury you have ever had?
There actually should be a lot. Believe it or not, I’ve never broken a single bone, despite the astonishingly high amount of incredibly stupid things (ranging from bridge jumping to trying to grab a pack of Sour Patch Kids in the middle of a busy street) I’ve done in the past. The worst injury I’ve ever sustained though, would be a heavy sprain on my left foot. In the fifth grade, a heavily obese kid tripped in dodgeball and took it out.
34. What is your worse habit?
I swear a lot. I also have a habit of using “but anyways,” very often.
35. Do you drink or smoke?
I’m still an underage student. So excessively.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
I want to hold a job when I grow up, so no. However, I profess that koi fish sleeve tattoos are a huge, huge turn on for me. If I ever become a CEO, however, I’ll get a shit ton just to piss on my employees.
37. Are you a morning person or a night person?
I tend to fluctuate between the two to fit my daily appointments.
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
Again, I change to suit my appointments.
39. Do you regret anything?
Meeting Otter Vilagomez. Oh, and I sold Pokemon Crystal for a measly 7 dollars. Haunts me to this day…
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
Nah, I’ve got more than that.
41. Do you wear glasses?
Yeah, I happened to pick up a new pair this morning. They’re wide as hell and I fucking rock them. Thanks insurance!
42. Are you a picky eater?
If it’s on a plate and not named peanut butter, I’ll go down on it.
43. Would you die for someone?
I can’t answer that without sounding like I’m speaking straight from my ass. We’ll see?
44. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
Ask me what supernatural means to you, and I’ll answer. I don’t believe in superstition (or conspiracies for that matter), but I have a lot of theories on a lot of things.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
Famous. Money can’t buy life.
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
Let’s not get into that.
48. Time traveller or ghost?
Time traveller. I’d fuck with history for the rest of my life.
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
Myself. During a blind double date with a cutie, I actually gazed deeply at my reflection inside a window for nearly an hour. I still conversed with everyone at the table, but damn I looked good.
50. Are you in a relationship?
Currently on the rebound and flying solo after an especially bad break up. This is what I need though.